Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Magufuli promises to exploit tin deposits in Kagera



Works minister Dr John Magufuli, CCM's flag bearer in the race for the Tanzanian presidency, addresses an election campaign rally at Gymkhana grounds in Bukoba municipality yesterday.
Chama Cha Mapinduzi presidential candidate Dr John Magufuli has promised to exploit tin deposits in Kagera Region by building a factory to manufacture roofing iron sheets if elected president.

Dr Magufuli made the pledge yesterday when addressing a rally at Gymkhana grounds in Bukoba District, saying the factory will produce iron sheets by using tin available in the region.
He said if elected to the post he will ensure that residents of Bukoba   enjoy the resources available in their region by affordable prices for the construction of better houses.
“My government will focus on setting up  industries,  I know it is not easy to get away with huts in Chato, Bukoba and Kagera  but I will make sure my government established a tin factory, I wonder why there is no tin  factory  while the region was rich in minerals,” he said.
According to him, if elected president he will reduce the price of construction materials to make people build low cost and quality houses.
Dr.  Magufuli also assured them to bring another marine vessel as alternative to MV Bukoba and MV Serengeti which are currently not operating due to technical faults.
“I will get you the vessel, this is not a big deal to me especially when I’ll be a president…I have been doing big things as a minister so why not when I will be president.” he insisted.
However, he said that the coming government will not allow farmers to sell coffee to nearby countries but through the respective ministries agriculture and trade. He promised to review coffee prices.
 “Nobody is happy with the coffee prices because they are very low compared with that of Uganda. This is due to many levies charged, there are 26 levies including land tax,” he said.
Magufuli however promised to improve the welfare of teachers including promotion and paying their salaries on time.

No comments :

Post a Comment