- Bloomberg
Congressional Democrats and the White House have been pushing to renew the program, which expired on Dec. 28. It provides up to 47 weeks of benefits to about 1.3 million workers who have exhausted their state benefits. House Republicans say the cost of the program must be offset.
Rep. Sander Levin of Michigan, the top Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee, sought to turn up the pressure on Republicans Friday.
“Every week that Republicans fail to act, tens of thousands of additional long-term unemployed Americans lose this vital lifeline as they look to get back on their feet after the worst recession in generations, and the economy in each state is taking a hit,” he said in a statement.
Democrats view jobless benefits as a stimulus because recipients often spend the money quickly.
But Republicans have balked at extending the program without offsetting spending cuts or changes to the program, which costs about $25 billion. The issue is poised to be the first congressional battle of 2014, with the Senate planning action on a bill next week.
– Robert Schroeder
My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com) You can also whatsApp them at: at +44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only) .. and inform them Leah Brown addressed to you ..
ReplyDelete